I believe that all Oregonians deserve the opportunity to succeed, but rampant homelessness, staggering high school dropout rates, and poorly managed budgets with regressive tax policies are holding us all back. Oregon needs balance, and House District 8 needs representation in Salem that reflects our values here.
My platform represents those values:
- Pro-Constitution – It does not need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread and taught in our schools.
- Smaller, responsible state government – Government that is held accountable in their district and not beholden to the party, special interest groups, or donors.
- Reduction and repeal of taxes not used for the betterment of all Oregonians – This includes, but is not limited to any tax not voted on by the people of Oregon.
- Support government funded social programs and charitable organizations – We need a coalition to assist with homelessness, mental health, addiction and the underlying causes of each.
- Support local law enforcement – Those who are accountable to and supportive of the people in their local area deserve the support of Oregon’s state government.
- Medical freedom – Every parent/family should have the right to make their own decisions regarding their medical care based on their beliefs and faith.
- Pro-Life – This is a personal and private decision made by themselves. It is my belief that every child is a gift.
- Support CAHOOTS/White Bird social model.
- Support veterans’ programs.
- Pro-Educational reform.
- Pro-2nd Amendment.
Lane County, south Eugene, Veneta, Elmira, Crow and Noti need representation in Salem that reflects our values.
Vote Timothy Aldal for Oregon House District 8.
Help Support Our Campaign By Donating
Get Connected & Get Involved!
About Timothy Aldal
Timothy Aldal is an Oregon native, a 22 year combat veteran of the U.S. Army, and the Oregon Army National Guard. He has a proven track record of leadership as the Director of Social Services in a Skilled Nursing Facility in the Eugene area, where he has worked for the past 11 years. He lives just outside of Veneta with his loving fiancé Katrina where they have lived for the past three years.
Timothy was born at Sacred Heart in Eugene, and Graduated from Willamette High School in 1997. He enlisted in the U.S. Army and served 4 years on active Duty where he served domestically and abroad. He obtained the rank of Sergeant before leaving service to use his GI Bill at the University of Oregon. While at the U of O the events of 9/11 still fresh, he chose to leave the Army Reserve unit where he was serving as a Reserve Drill Sergeant to join the Oregon Army National Guard and Deploy. After his completion of his Bachelor’s degree he was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant and went on two serve in every maneuver Battalion within the states 41st Infantry Brigade Combat Team. He has had the honor and privilege to lead and deploy with soldiers multiple times in his career. Most notably into Iraq as a Platoon leader with an Infantry Company out of Corvallis, and as an Infantry Company Commander in Afghanistan based out of Ashland.
Tim continues to serve and support the state as a Major in the Oregon National Guard.